About Elizabethtown Roofer: Hackman SmartRoof
Hackman SmartRoof has been servicing the Susquehanna Valley area under the leadership of Clint Huber since 2003. Since the most important day in the life of your roofing system is the day it’s installed, our mission has always been to provide safety, security and comfort to our clients through world class customer service and guarantees.
Buying a new roof system is an important investment. Before you spend your money, spend some time learning how to evaluate the roofing contractor who may be doing the work. You should insist on working with a professional roofing contractor. All roofing contractors are not alike - the following guidelines will help in your decision:
- Check for a permanent place of business, telephone number, adequate equipment & staffing. Our business located at 1593 S Mount Joy St, Elizabethtown, PA provides us with over 3100 square feet of showroom and warehouse space to help serve you, our clients, better.
- Insist on seeing copies of the contractors' liability insurance coverage and workers' compensation certificates. Make sure the coverage's are in effect through the duration of the job. We would be happy to provide you with this information. Just ask our Roofing Technician or Specialist.
- Look for a company with a proven track record that readily offers client references and a list of completed projects. We rely on customer referrals and would be happy to provide you with references. Ask about our Referral Rewards Program.
- Insist on a written proposal and examine it for complete descriptions of the work and specifications, including approximate starting and completion dates and payment procedures. We will "walk you through the job" & provide a written proposal detailing the work to be performed & the payment schedule.
- Check to see if the contractor is a member of any regional or national industry associations and call your local Better Business Bureau to check for any complaints that have been filed against the contractor. We are members of the Better Business Bureau, Building Industry Association of Lancaster County & the Elizabethtown Chamber of Commerce.
- Have the contractor explain his project supervision and quality control procedures. Request the name of the person who will be in charge, how many workers will be required and the estimated time of completion. Every member of our team understands the importance of a quality installation. Trained foreman supervise every crew and our owner/managers oversee every job. And since our employees have been criminally background checked you’ll have peace of mind while we are working at your home.
- Carefully read and understand any roofing warranty offered and watch for provisions that would void it. Keep a healthy skepticism about the lowest bid. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Remember, price is only one criterion for selecting a roofing contractor. Professionalism and quality workmanship also should weigh heavily on your decision. We can provide you with copies of the manufacturers warranties at any time. In addition we provide our (10) Ten-Year Premium Craftsman Guarantee on all new roof replacements. And most repairs carry a (1) One-Year Workmanship Warranty.